Comments Posted By Partha dasa ACBSP
Displaying 1 To 1 Of 1 Comments
«« Back To Stats Page
Here is a succinct statement by Srila Prabhupada that says a great deal about gender roles. It can be found in Dialectic Spiritualism on the folio, unfortunately it was edited out the printed book.
“But if the woman does not agree with the man, and the man treats the woman as his servant, that is not good. The man should give the woman all protection and the woman should give all service to the man. That is ideal life, family life, conceived in the Vedic way of life.”
This is such a prefect paradox and sutra.
As Prabhupada indicates if the woman feels protected and loved she will naturally follow the husband. This is bhakti, mutual service on path back to Krsna
If the husband uses demands, force, coercion or threats the woman may still follow not out of love but fear. This is the realm of abuse.
Surely every aspiring devotee desires to live the values of bhakti. Unfortuatley there are forces that can cause us to lose sight of bhakti and act in ways that are contrary to loving, compassionate bhakti. As a marital educator far I too often see how seeds from the cycle of abuse fructify and manifest as spousal abuse.
North American Grihastha Vision Team
» Posted By Partha dasa ACBSP On Nov 17, 2010 @ 4:52 am
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By thehindu.comSinya Ejima, chief representativ...
- By Bernard Wilchusky"Chanting clears the mind; ...
- By Sukhada dasiOn August 23rd, 2014, when the t...
- By Dandadhrk Das We were twenty participants as...
- By Madhava DasShri Manoj Tiwari famous singer, ...
- By Radhanatha Swami Love is not to want peace b...
- By Niranjana Swami My name is Omvati Devi Dasi,...
- By Harideva Dasa “So at the time of death… Of c...
- By Iskcon NairobiThe University Program in Nair...
- By Vaishnavangri Sevaka Das "Oh! Fiftieth ISKCO...