Comments Posted By Prananatha das
Displaying 1 To 1 Of 1 Comments
«« Back To Stats Page
Many times in the media we see such kinds of headlines which profess a conclusion before the discussion has even begun. Similarly here we see the heading “Raghava’s Reincarnation Myth”. This heading indicates the writers predetermined conclusion.
I found it interesting to note that there are posts here both for and against the issue. But what is the issue? What is at question here? It would appear that some are doubtful of the efficacy of the astrologers in determining whether a case of reincarnation exists between Raghava Prabhu and Ratnavali Devi Dasi.
Is it really so unusual? Can there be any doubt that Raghava Prabhu took birth after leaving his body? No. Is it possible this soul took birth after a short period of time and has now manifested as Ratnavali? Why not? Each and every one of us was existing in a body prior to our present one. You cannot argue against this fact. Whether we remember or not, we have a history, and given our current association with ISKCON, it is not at all unreasonable to assume that many of us had prior association with the devotional life. I do not find the 360,000 year argument very reasonable at all. Time is under the control of The Supreme. You cannot simply pull out a calculator to decide how long a soul will remain in a certain place. Srila Prabhupada stated his wishes that Raghava return and continue on with devotional life. What better way to accomplish this than to rejoin Srila Prabhupada’s movement?
Perhaps an injection of faith is required for the doubters. That’s for them to decide. For me, I see no reason at all why this event, reincarnation, something that happens tens of thousands of times every week, could not have, and indeed did not, transpire as outlined.
Pray tell. How will you possibly prove it wrong?
» Posted By Prananatha das On Oct 13, 2010 @ 9:42 pm
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Bhaktisiddhanta Swami The meanings of Dipava...
- By Tribhuvavatha dasTumultuous preaching by Isk...
- By Lindy Laird Food for Life is one of four gro...
- By Aniruddha Das Yesterday we had the great ple...
- By Tulsi GabbardDiwali Message from Tulsi Gabba...
- By Yudhistir Govinda DasThe international commi...
- By Srila Prabhupada(Letter from Srila Prabhupad...
- By Giriraja Swami The day after Diwali is calle...
- By Cardinal Jean-Louis Tauran (Vatican) As Hind...
- By Prasar BhartiContemplation and prayer remind...