Comments Posted By Ram
Displaying 1 To 1 Of 1 Comments
«« Back To Stats Page
Please accept my humble obesiance and all glories to the ISKCON Founder Acharya Srila Prabhupada!
Today morning I was hearing Srila Prabhupada’s Morning Walk Conversation from November 20th, 1975 entitled “Christ Survived The Cross”. Towards the ends of the conversation Srila Prabhupada mentions that Sripada Shankaracharya was conceived by his mother when she was a widow by a temple priest and for that reason he was a Varna Sankara and so he is Sankaraacharya (as in Varna Sankara). Srila Prabhupada states that Sripada Shankaracharya’s mother was disturbed by her conception of Shankaracharya but her father assured her that the child will be a great personality.
Till date, I have heard accounts that Sripada Shankaraacharya’s father was present during his birth and died in his early childhood. With due respect to Sripada
Shankaraacharya whom Caitanya Mahaprabhu personally venerated and Srila Prabhupada,
I request the Vaishnavas to throw more light on this topic (Was Shankaraacharya illegitimately conceived?). Please hear the original audio recording if you have
access to the same as the transcription on http://www.prabhupadavani.org does not appear to be a 100% faithful reproduction of the original conversation.
» Posted By Ram On May 1, 2007 @ 1:28 pm
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Vijaya dasa September proved to be a great m...
- By indiatimes.com LONDON: British Prime Ministe...
- By Hari Narayana Das (With 271 photos) Commemor...
- By Indradyumna SwamiToday, October 25, ISKCON d...
- By Bhaktisiddhanta Swami The meanings of Dipava...
- By Tribhuvavatha dasTumultuous preaching by Isk...
- By Lindy Laird Food for Life is one of four gro...
- By Aniruddha Das Yesterday we had the great ple...
- By Tulsi GabbardDiwali Message from Tulsi Gabba...
- By Yudhistir Govinda DasThe international commi...