Comments Posted By Ravindra Svarupa das
Displaying 1 To 1 Of 1 Comments
«« Back To Stats Page
Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada.
Krishnadas Prabhu wrote: “. . . isn’t the name ‘Haladhari’ feminine gender in Sanskrit? Shouldn’t it be ‘Sri Sri Hari Haladhara’?”
This web-site needs diacritics. The name Haladhari (with a final long i) is masculine in gender. It is the nominative singular of the masculine noun ‘dharin,’ meaning bearer or holder. This idental usage of ‘dhari’ occurs in the word “giri-vara-dhari,” as found in Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura’s famous song. The same masculine long i ending is also familar to us in words like ‘yogi,’ and ‘svami.’
I thank Mithua Prabhu for his vivid description of the installation. The wonderful, spirited chanting of the assembled devotees, always increasing in intensity, reminded me of the installation of Krishna-Balarama in Vrindaban. For three days the local brahmana performed elaborate rituals, but Srila Prabhupada told us that it was actually our chanting that installed the Dieties. The Dieties are manifest in response to the call of the devotees, and They certainly received a wonderful welcome in Richmond Hills that night!
» Posted By Ravindra Svarupa das On Sep 21, 2006 @ 10:34 pm
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Devaki Devi Dasi As we all know, in these mo...
- By Stephen LaceyTony Kaye (Pratapana Das), 67, ...
- By Bhaktisiddhnata Swami After bathing in Radha...
- By Shyam Sunder Priya DasIt was like any other...
- By Iskcon VizagDue to hud hud cyclone our templ...
- By radhanathswami.com “When we do things on a s...
- By Zachary Feder and Khatera Sahibzada In an ag...
- By Krsnabaladev Das Urgent action is needed to ...
- By Muralidhara-priya Das Devotees explain that ...
- By Bhajahari dasSATURDAY NIGHT HARINAM London: ...