Comments Posted By ShyamaPriya dasi
Displaying 1 To 1 Of 1 Comments
«« Back To Stats Page
I agree with Sivarama Swami. Where is the cow protection? It is too easy to go to the store and buy cheap, government subsidized milk and butter. Do the devotees realize how cows are treated these days, that most live a miserable life with no pasture or sunshine, that their offspring suffer by being raised for veal? Devotees need to appreciate the value of milk and butter and ghee. Take off your blinders. Buying milk from the store is the same as paying the farmer to produce it for you. Why aren’t we using the facility Krishna has given us for cow protection as we should?
By the way, in Srila Prabhupada’s day, factory farms were not common or just beginning. It is an unimaginably cruel way to farm that is the norm these days. At least cows that produce milk organically are probably allowed to graze for the six short years they are allowed to live.
» Posted By ShyamaPriya dasi On Aug 25, 2007 @ 7:11 am
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Urmila Devi Dasi"No Krsna rituals," my cousi...
- By Vaishanvanghri Sevaka Das “In the above char...
- By Vijaya DasaWSN October 2014 - World Sankirta...
- By Bhajahari dasEarlier in the day there was a ...
- By Navasi DasiAs devotees, we talk a lot about ...
- By Krsangi Radhe dasi The exciting new features...
- By Vraja Vilasa dasa Maharaja explained to the ...
- By Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura Learned sages hav...
- By Janakinatha Dasa Every December, the book ma...
- By Nagaraja Dasa The maya of the material world...