Comments Posted By Shyamagopika devi dasi
Displaying 1 To 1 Of 1 Comments
«« Back To Stats Page
Flood Update Report
By Shyamagopika devi dasi on Fri, 2007-09-28 08:33.
Since yesterday evening, it is not raining. The water level is still increasing. Now it is above 4 feet near the main gate. All the ground level areas are totally immersed in water. A make shift bridge has been created between ISKCON Mayapur exit gate and Chakra building.
Shastra Pr is doing his Nagar Sankirtan by boat today. Pharamcy is shifted to Room no.123 in Chakra building. About 70,000 people from 50 villages surrounding Mayapur are affected by flood. Some of these villages are Hular Ghat, Bharuidanga, Nidaya, Char Brahma Nagar, Swarup ganj, Taranpur, Mollapara, Gumaghar, Gournagar and Char Swarupganj. Many villagers homes were washed away causing damage to their properties.
ISKCON had sent devotees to survey the villages for flood damages. Survey began yesterday and it will be collateral with the relief work which will begin tomorrow. Planning and preparation for relief work is on and this year ISKCON has planned to reach more relief for suffering villagers than last year. Massive Prasadam distribution, medical relief works, setting up of camps, free medicines distribution, cloth distribution will begin from 29 September.
For more flood pictures , Click Here
» Posted By Shyamagopika devi dasi On Sep 28, 2007 @ 1:15 pm
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Urmila Devi Dasi"No Krsna rituals," my cousi...
- By Vaishanvanghri Sevaka Das “In the above char...
- By Vijaya DasaWSN October 2014 - World Sankirta...
- By Bhajahari dasEarlier in the day there was a ...
- By Navasi DasiAs devotees, we talk a lot about ...
- By Krsangi Radhe dasi The exciting new features...
- By Vraja Vilasa dasa Maharaja explained to the ...
- By Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura Learned sages hav...
- By Janakinatha Dasa Every December, the book ma...
- By Nagaraja Dasa The maya of the material world...