Comments Posted By Sri Giridhari Dasa
Displaying 1 To 2 Of 2 Comments
The flower festival is clearly a new festival which was not introduced by any of the acharyas, and which was not suggested in sastra. Why our ISKCON devotees continue to ignore Srila Prabhupada’s main instruction about introducing speculations in deity worship?
In Vaisnava tradition, there are so many festivals, and we are not having enough man power and energy even for celebrating those festivals. But some kind of new energy is seen in this kind of new inventions. It is better to follow the festivals given by Sastra and acharyas rather than inventing this kind of festival.
Is it not an offense to step over the flowers which were offered to Krsna?
Or am I ignorant of some of the teachings of Srila Prabhupada? Can anyone give any reference from Sastra or from Srila Prabhupada to support this kind of festivals?
» Posted By Sri Giridhari Dasa On Sep 29, 2014 @ 4:36 pm
«« Back To Stats Page
I request Sri Gopal prabhu and others whoever maybe reading this open letter to first hear the lecture before commenting. Bhakti Vikasa Swami makes the point clear that Prasada should be distributed widely as directed by Srila Prabhupada along with Sankirtana. There is no second thought on that. But he has raised his concerns over popularizing our movement on the grounds of welfare work.
» Posted By Sri Giridhari Dasa On Oct 13, 2011 @ 8:38 am
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Radha Jivan DasAn initiated devotee of ISKCO...
- By Tribhuvanatha DasaDuring the Ratha yatra fes...
- By Urmila Devi Dasi"No Krsna rituals," my cousi...
- By Vaishanvanghri Sevaka Das “In the above char...
- By Vijaya DasaWSN October 2014 - World Sankirta...
- By Bhajahari dasEarlier in the day there was a ...
- By Navasi DasiAs devotees, we talk a lot about ...
- By Krsangi Radhe dasi The exciting new features...
- By Vraja Vilasa dasa Maharaja explained to the ...
- By Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura Learned sages hav...