Comments Posted By Sri Nandanandana das
Displaying 1 To 2 Of 2 Comments
Dear Sita Rama Prabhu,
Please accept my respectful obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada.
Yes, I am a follower of Srila Prabhupada, and I expect that most people are already familiar with what Srila Prabhupada and even Lord Chaitanya has said or done regarding the modern caste system, as opposed to the traditional varnashrama system. But are you familiar with what the Bhavishya Purana says? Or the logic with which it is explained therein? So why should I make the article longer by repeating what you already know, or have heard from Srila Prabhupada? I thought it would be better merely to add to our ammunition, so to speak, references we could use to justify the premise we already have, or the arguments we already use. There is no harm in supplying more verses to those we already know. I could have easily doubled the length of the article by supplying numerous quotes from Srila Prabhupada, but how many would read the whole article, and how likely would it have been posted on this website? I have already been warned that sometimes my articles are a little long. So by trying to please everyone, I may have ended up pleasing no one. Or never having the article posted at all. What to do? A separate article can easily be written just on the quotes from Srila Prabhupada. But that also has already been done in books by the likes of Hare Krishna dasi and others. So you can also read those if you like to accompany this article of mine. I was only trying to cover the Bhavishya Purana for those who were not aware of what it says.
Sri Nandanandana dasa
» Posted By Sri Nandanandana das On Mar 30, 2011 @ 2:45 am
«« Back To Stats Page
Dear Hari bol, That is the primary point of the article. Why even speak of giving women leadership positions, which the GBC had been doing, when Iskcon hardly supplies many places or facilities for them anyway? You seemed to have seriously missed the whole point of the article. Also, in case you do not already know, there are some temples that have allowed women to take up leadership positions and they are doing a very good job. You need to be updated or educated in what is happeneing, then the article will also have more meaning.
» Posted By Sri Nandanandana das On Dec 16, 2010 @ 12:50 am
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon related news on DandavatsTV Channel
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Kesava Krsna Dasa The contentious discussion...
- By Praghosa das Last October the GBC body spent...
- By Nagaraja DasaControlling one’s mind is the p...
- By Laxmimoni Devi Dasi If Srila Prabhupada visi...
- By Rasanand Das As conditioned souls within thi...
- By Deva Darshan Das Sharing wisdom and ideas on...
- By Arjuna Krishna dasa Both Rama Laksman prabhu...
- By Indresh DasBhaktimarga Swami was trying to k...
- By Sri Jagannath Mandir The event was even more...
- By Diksha Devi DasiDuring this particular month...