Comments Posted By Sri Radha
Displaying 1 To 1 Of 1 Comments
«« Back To Stats Page
Syamasundara Prabhu wrote: “A devotee is one who simply by seeing them we are reminded of Krsna.”
I agree with Chandrashekara Acharya Prabhu that it is character that really makes the Vaisnava, not the dress.
Probably if devotees in general would have adopted more mature ways in their preaching skills, the Indian dresses would not be associated so much with a weird cult.
As a brahmacari I never wore anything except dhotis; I was a monk and I was clear about that – but I too often fought against the bad opinion created by cheating and lying booksellers before me.
Still, even when one tries to be an honest monk, people are not joining because they are not willing to adopt all the externals which they think is necessary after seeing an Indian dressed devotee.
And why should one dress Indian? There are thousands of convinced Christians who nevertheless see no need to dress like Israeli dessert people.
Probably the perspective is different from those living in ashrams and those who live/work/study/etc. in regular society.
» Posted By Sri Radha On Jul 6, 2012 @ 6:23 pm
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Bhaktisiddhanta Swami The meanings of Dipava...
- By Tribhuvavatha dasTumultuous preaching by Isk...
- By Lindy Laird Food for Life is one of four gro...
- By Aniruddha Das Yesterday we had the great ple...
- By Tulsi GabbardDiwali Message from Tulsi Gabba...
- By Yudhistir Govinda DasThe international commi...
- By Srila Prabhupada(Letter from Srila Prabhupad...
- By Giriraja Swami The day after Diwali is calle...
- By Cardinal Jean-Louis Tauran (Vatican) As Hind...
- By Prasar BhartiContemplation and prayer remind...