Comments Posted By Suresh das p
Displaying 1 To 1 Of 1 Comments
«« Back To Stats Page
Serious Ashtanga practitioners are practicing every day, twice each day, for many hours each day. Just like someone who only comes to the Sunday feast once each week is not going to make as much progress as someone who practices Krishna Consciousness strictly every day, and follows the complete program, you can’t give a vague example of practicing Ashtanga once a week for 1-2 hours, as the complete picture of all Ashtanga practitioners. There are many different degrees of practitioners. You can’t just lump them all into one example and say this is how things are.
The idea that the women and men who a practicing Ashtanga-yoga can all be compared to Ajamil and the prostitute is naive and a misconception which comes from viewing things from the outside, with little actual information about how things really are.
I find the Ashtanga practitioners whom I associate with to be very serious about yoga and advancing in spiritual life. Unfortunately they are missing Bhakti-yoga. There are very few devotees coming to explain deep philosophical ideas, from the Vaishnava prospective.
This is what is needed.
» Posted By Suresh das p On Jun 11, 2007 @ 4:07 pm
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Madhavananda Das Everyday, ISKCON devotees a...
- By Bhajahari das Due to Tribhuvanatha's prabh...
- By Arjuna Krsna das Both Rama Laksman prabhu, D...
- By Nanda Kishor dasISKCON’s Bhakti Yoga Society...
- By radhanathswami.com On the 8th of October, Ra...
- By Mayesvara DasaMany people who seek pleasure ...
- By Madhava Smullen A brand new Devotee Relation...
- By Devaki Devi Dasi As we all know, in these mo...
- By Stephen LaceyTony Kaye (Pratapana Das), 67, ...
- By Bhaktisiddhanta Swami After bathing in Radha...