Comments Posted By Vishnugada dasa
Displaying 1 To 1 Of 1 Comments
«« Back To Stats Page
We were roommates in NYC ISKCON at West 55th Street from 1979-1980. Although our services differed we were friends and comrades in our work for Srila Prabhupada. You were distributing books. I was in the kitchen. Book distributors were undoubtedly doing the heavy lifting to please Srila Prabhupada. I remember you were proud to represent him and the BBT. You took special care and pleasure in dressing to a “T” as their representative in the finest suits available that had been left behind by their owners at local dry cleaners. You were affectionately likened to a Barracuda for your style of quickly approaching a person and making a book sale. Some said there was a little elitism among book distributors toward devotees doing other services. You were definitely not an elitist. You showed your appreciation for devotees of all persuasions. We loved you for that. You got your hands dirty on Sundays, delighted to help make a large batch of coconut or tomato chutney for the Lord. In the morning we chanted Brahma Samhita together after mangala arati, and you did the puja for the small Sri Sri Radha Krishna deities. I can still see you; scented oil Q-tip behind your ear, gleefully catching devotees to rub the maha-prasadam-scent on the backs of hands during guru puja.
Sanjaya, as you matured you searched for additional ways to present Krishna Consciousness to catch the imagination of all kinds of people. You developed a presentation and Krishna conscious commentary about how the world is ruled. You visited Ireland and then narrated a slide show to our first children’s summer camp in Lake Huntington about leprechauns and Krishna Consciousness.
Sanjaya, I was sad to hear of your passing. I hope it means you left to continue to assist Srila Prabhupada and Lord Caitanya in another capacity. Thank you for your association. Your godbrother and friend,
» Posted By Vishnugada dasa On Nov 30, 2007 @ 2:18 pm
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Bhaktisiddhanta Swami The meanings of Dipava...
- By Tribhuvavatha dasTumultuous preaching by Isk...
- By Lindy Laird Food for Life is one of four gro...
- By Aniruddha Das Yesterday we had the great ple...
- By Tulsi GabbardDiwali Message from Tulsi Gabba...
- By Yudhistir Govinda DasThe international commi...
- By Srila Prabhupada(Letter from Srila Prabhupad...
- By Giriraja Swami The day after Diwali is calle...
- By Cardinal Jean-Louis Tauran (Vatican) As Hind...
- By Prasar BhartiContemplation and prayer remind...