Comments Posted By VrindavanChandra Das
Displaying 1 To 1 Of 1 Comments
«« Back To Stats Page
I agree with Maharaj’s points to some degree.
When talking about personalities like Lord Shiva we should be extremely careful.
We all know that we shouldn’t blaspheme any Vaishnava, and off all Vaishnava’s Lord Shiva is the top most, as confirmed by the Srimad Bhagvatam and Srila Prabhupada himself on many occasions.
I would always urge devotees be very very careful when talking about Lord Shiva in any negative way for the above mentioned reason.
Like Akruranath prabhu mentioned, it would be great if maharaj could mention specific examples of times in ISKCON such mantras are chanted specifically for Lord Shiva. I know from my personal experience, if Lord Shiva IS worshipped or spoken about (like on Shiva-ratri etc) then the true position of Lord Shiva is always highlighted and explained i.e. – He is the topmost Vaishnava, and his status with regards to his ‘supremacy’ is given according to the Vaishnava view point quoting examples from the Bramha Samhita wherein it mentions the wonderful analogy of milk and yogurt.
Just as Srila Prabhupada said that if one worships Lord Shiva in the mood of worshiping the greatest devotee and begging for his mercy that Lord Shiva be merciful enough to bestow his mercy upon us so that he can give us some bhakti.
Srila Prabhupada again explained that we actually had no qualification, and that he ‘made’ us qualified to receive the Mahamantra, Krishna, Prashad, deity worship etc. This is the mercy of the great Vaishnavas. We should always approach Vaishnavas with a humble state of mind begging for their mercy. If Lord Shiva IS the GREATEST Vaishnava – then what’s the problem in approaching him?
Personally I’d rather approach the top-most devotees like Srila Prabhupada, the Acharyas and Lord Shiva then approach other conditional souls to advance in spiritual life!
Is Krishna gets unhappy when His devotees are blasphemed, then imagine how He feels when His topmost devotee is blasphemed?
So I would say – be careful what one says about Vaishnavas – let alone the greatest of them all.
» Posted By VrindavanChandra Das On Jun 18, 2008 @ 3:42 pm
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Vyasmuni DasToday on 25th October 2014 at 5:...
- By Vijaya dasa September proved to be a great m...
- By indiatimes.com LONDON: British Prime Ministe...
- By Hari Narayana Das (With 271 photos) Commemor...
- By Indradyumna SwamiToday, October 25, ISKCON d...
- By Bhaktisiddhanta Swami The meanings of Dipava...
- By Tribhuvavatha dasTumultuous preaching by Isk...
- By Lindy Laird Food for Life is one of four gro...
- By Aniruddha Das Yesterday we had the great ple...
- By Tulsi GabbardDiwali Message from Tulsi Gabba...