Comments Posted By advaitakalasudha
Displaying 1 To 3 Of 3 Comments
We should be where the people are today: THE CYBERSPACE
That’s where so many souls can be introduced to Krishna Consciousness…
» Posted By advaitakalasudha On Mar 19, 2007 @ 6:12 pm
I am very inspired by HG Akruranath Prabhu’s response
1. As mentioned in your comments:
“One example Prabhupada often used was how communists organized through distributing books of Marx, Engles, and Lenin. Those communists did not just distribute the books, but also organized study groups and discussion sessions. We should try to do the same thing.”
Forming study groups and discussion groups is a very good idea. Of course, in order to facilitate discussion, the groups need to be small (maybe 15-20 members) and if we have to reach out to the masses. we will need many discussion groups. The format and goals of the Bhakti Vriksha program is similar to what you have suggested, where the discussions are based on the philosophy from Srila Prabhuapda’s books, focussing on practical Application of the philosophy in our day to day life.
Interested people who buy books from the book distributors can be invited to these discussions. If they have shown interest in taking a book, they would be surely interested in discussing their thoughts and realizations from the books.
2. “We focused almost exclusively on the immediate, face to face encounter, rather than the long range cultivation of public perception and interest.”
I agree with you that a shift in paradigm is required by some book distributors, based on your above quote.
Thank you very much Akruranath Prabhu for such inspiring thoughts…
Your aspiring sevant,
» Posted By advaitakalasudha On Feb 7, 2007 @ 6:55 pm
«« Back To Stats Page
Dear Akruranath Prabhu,
Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada. All glories to Sri Sri Guru and Gauranga.
I would like to invite you to view the article on “The Festival of Love and Trust” at http://namahatta.org/nh2/en/node/2972 which might address some of your concerns regarding the interaction between temple and Bhakti Vriksha programs.
Your aspiring servant,
» Posted By advaitakalasudha On Jan 18, 2007 @ 6:01 pm
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Urmila Devi Dasi"No Krsna rituals," my cousi...
- By Vaishanvanghri Sevaka Das “In the above char...
- By Vijaya DasaWSN October 2014 - World Sankirta...
- By Bhajahari dasEarlier in the day there was a ...
- By Navasi DasiAs devotees, we talk a lot about ...
- By Krsangi Radhe dasi The exciting new features...
- By Vraja Vilasa dasa Maharaja explained to the ...
- By Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura Learned sages hav...
- By Janakinatha Dasa Every December, the book ma...
- By Nagaraja Dasa The maya of the material world...