Comments Posted By amudha das
Displaying 1 To 2 Of 2 Comments
I concur with the theme of your post. However, the falldown of an individual just shows that he was never very elevated to begin with but was assumed to be elevated because the test was not yet administered. This is like a student being considered scholarly before the actual examination is administered. Once the student passes the examination with flying colors, the degree is awarded to him. By the same token, if a spiritual master is of the level uttama adhikari where he can interact on a personal level with Krishna and all the ever existing perfect vaisnavas, he should begin initiating disciples. If that principle is violated, you have all this mess to deal with. Take for example, the issue in ISKCON on whether Advaita Acarya has a beard or not. The conclusion was derived by a Shastric Advisory Council which depended on logic of committee members to reconcile apparent conflicts between Srila Prabhupada and the Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati Thakut. It is surprising to see that none of the GBC members came forward saying that when I see the Panca Tattva in Nitya Goura Lila, I see Advaita Acarya as bearded/clean shaven. Needless to say that anyone who is not truly seeing the pastimes of the Lord but just speculating can be easily exposed. By contrast, Gour Govinda Swami clearly said that when he saw Caitanya Mahaprabhu he never saw him with the peacock feather and that was one of the reasons he gave to stop applying the peacock feather for Mahaprabhu in terms of Deity worship (there were other philosophical reasons too). We need people who are REALLY advanced in terms of spritiual masters, else this dilemna of conditioning will continue to haunt ISKCON as it currently does.
» Posted By amudha das On Nov 19, 2006 @ 7:26 pm
«« Back To Stats Page
There is a verse from Panchatantra,
If mice can eat a beam balance
A thousand pals in weight
A hawk can lift an elephant
A boy is trifling freight
In ISKCON terminology, we call it “YOU SCRATCH MY BACK, I SCRATCH YOURS”
Instead of upholding the lofty standard, we are finding ways to accommodate deviations with logical presentations. I equate this to making a sweet price preparation with yoghurt and having people accept it as sweet rice.
» Posted By amudha das On Nov 4, 2006 @ 7:30 pm
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon related news on DandavatsTV Channel
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Laxmimoni Devi Dasi If Srila Prabhupada visi...
- By Rasanand Das As conditioned souls within thi...
- By Deva Darshan Das Sharing wisdom and ideas on...
- By Arjuna Krishna dasa Both Rama Laksman prabhu...
- By Indresh DasBhaktimarga Swami was trying to k...
- By Sri Jagannath Mandir The event was even more...
- By Diksha Devi DasiDuring this particular month...
- By Ajit Krishna DasaResponse to the author of “...
- By Murari Gupta DasaI first heard about Bilvama...
- By Ravindra Svarupa dasaThe Sanskrit word bhoga...