Comments Posted By ananta-sarovara dd
Displaying 1 To 1 Of 1 Comments
«« Back To Stats Page
Please accept my most humble pranams. All glories to Srila Prabhupada!
This is the first time I am writing any comment, so forgive my clumsiness. I have been following the debate about the new temple with some interest. I understand His Grace Ambarisa Prabhu, and wish him all the best in pleasing Srila Prabhupada with the Mayapur Temple.
Nevertheless, I wonder, has the present team considered the following points:
1) Since the new plan proposes to position the new temple right amidst other existing buildings of our Mayapur campus, has there been any attempt to create an architectural unity in the whole congested campus? We will have a temple with blue-golden domes standing next to pink buildings, and a Puspa Samadhi which has a white dome and touches of dark yellow and dark red in the design. In previous designs, the buildings stood apart and we had much more freedom. Now, as things stand, we cannot consider the Mayapur Temple as a single, independent architectural endeavor, but must submit its design to the existing designs around it. Could we perhaps at least make the colors similar, perhaps paint the whole campus in the tones used in the Puspa Samadhi, and make the Big Temple in those tones as well?
2) Why is a crystal pyramid being planned for a campus where we wish to create a traditional atmosphere? I heard that it will host a restaurant. Could we not have a more traditional building built for the restaurant? Why such extravagance in rural Bengal? We are already painfully aware of the abyss that exists between the poor local population and us Western devotees. Why make that gap even greater?
3) The previous design proposed a bathing ghat with steps down to the Ganga in front of our property. Why has this beautiful traditional setting been compromised, and replaced by a concrete port in front of our door? Who can ever hope to bathe, to worship Ganga Devi, and to enjoy coming to the bank of the Ganga if we make it so modernised?
4) Roads come into existence whether we like them or not. I would hope that the planners would keep traffic at bay, and would make our whole campus and its immediate surroundings traffic-free, since it is presently anyway so small that we can easily walk. Cycles and rickshaws should be the only options, the rest should be discouraged and kept at a distance.
With these improvements, the present plan would seem much more acceptable to me personally. Thank you, Ys Ananta-sarovara dasi
» Posted By ananta-sarovara dd On Aug 26, 2008 @ 2:46 pm
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By radhanathswami.com On the 8th of October, Ra...
- By Mayesvara DasaMany people who seek pleasure ...
- By Madhava Smullen A brand new Devotee Relation...
- By Devaki Devi Dasi As we all know, in these mo...
- By Stephen LaceyTony Kaye (Pratapana Das), 67, ...
- By Bhaktisiddhanta Swami After bathing in Radha...
- By Shyam Sunder Priya DasIt was like any other...
- By Iskcon VizagDue to hud hud cyclone our templ...
- By radhanathswami.com “When we do things on a s...
- By Zachary Feder and Khatera Sahibzada In an ag...