Comments Posted By bhakta david
Displaying 1 To 4 Of 4 Comments
This will be my last post, i have found it to be very interesting, i cannot get round what is around us in everyday life, milk is for the new life of animals up to a certain age depending on species, and humans are non different, i was at a meeting at Leicester Temple a few years ago, sat next to a Matergi, when she suddenly lifted her sari to breast feed her daughter who must have been at least six or seven, i found this confusing to say the least, to end if Iskscon must have milk, have it only from our own well looked after cows. Hari Bol!
» Posted By bhakta david On Apr 9, 2013 @ 7:09 am
Those devotees that say the vegan diet is nutritionally deficient, must surely take note of the book written by Steven Rosen, (one of the most seinor devottes) and i would like to quote his words on page 5 of the book Diet for Transcendence—There are thus no amino acids in flesh that animals do not derive from plants,or that humans cannot ALSO derive from plants,Iskcon must be clear these subjects, or they become very confusing to the new comer.
» Posted By bhakta david On Mar 21, 2013 @ 12:07 pm
Hare Krishna, i am a fourth class devotee, and have been around since the late seventies, this subject has bothered me for along time, iam amazed at some of the comments of (devotees) if one thinks that the cows natural position in this life is to be kept in milking condtion for as long as posibile, they are mistaken, the mother knows when it is time for its calf to leave the milk and be put to solid the same as in humane life,if their is a little milk after the calf has had its fill fine, this should be used for the Deities, other than that we should start thinking about substutes. bhakta david.
» Posted By bhakta david On Mar 19, 2013 @ 8:46 am
«« Back To Stats Page
Hare Krishna, i think HH Sivarama Swami is missing a vital point, these protected cows are milked long after the calf has gone onto solid food (grass) which can be a very long time till she dries up, i think the movment has to accept its impossible to supply the Dieities and the many thouands of devottees with the milk they require, and therefore in my opinion either go on to soya milk or refrain from milk products, (by the way) which sastra says no soy products?
Harbol bhakta david
» Posted By bhakta david On Aug 23, 2007 @ 8:31 am
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon related news on DandavatsTV Channel
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Laxmimoni Devi Dasi If Srila Prabhupada visi...
- By Rasanand Das As conditioned souls within thi...
- By Deva Darshan Das Sharing wisdom and ideas on...
- By Arjuna Krishna dasa Both Rama Laksman prabhu...
- By Indresh DasBhaktimarga Swami was trying to k...
- By Sri Jagannath Mandir The event was even more...
- By Diksha Devi DasiDuring this particular month...
- By Ajit Krishna DasaResponse to the author of “...
- By Murari Gupta DasaI first heard about Bilvama...
- By Ravindra Svarupa dasaThe Sanskrit word bhoga...