Comments Posted By chaturatma dasa
Displaying 1 To 4 Of 4 Comments
With due respect to HH Danavir Swami, perhaps he is unfamiliar with the vast selection of prayers and glorification that Bhaktivinode Thakur offers to Lord Shiva, who is known as one who removes impediments on the path of bhakti. Srila Locana dasa Thakur similarly opens his Chaitanya Mangala with prayers to Lord Shiva with great respects. Sanatana Goswami also spends an entire chapter glorifying Lord Shiva in his Brihat Bhagavatamrta. While it would certainly be wrong to replace chanting of Hare Krishna with such prayers, how can there be harm in selecting suitable prayers to an advanced vaisnava for advancing in the path of bhakti.
While not everyone may choose to pursue this option, it is nonetheless certainly a bonafide and viable option for offering prayers to assist in our advancement in devotional service.
» Posted By chaturatma dasa On Jun 15, 2008 @ 3:00 pm
Just a short response to this inquiry.
The Lord appears in different types of deity forms. Each form requires different types of care according to the manifestation. We polish brass deities but not marble deities. We bathe small deities but not large deities. We avoid bathing wood deities. In the same way, Tulasi appears in a plant form. Anyone familiar with horticultural care will know that removing dead, dried branches is best for the overall health of the plant. As is removing manjaris before they seed. This prevents excess new plants and does not cause a drain on the growth energy of the plant.
Srila Prabhupada once indicated that we should use common sense and if we didn’t have any ask someone who does. This is not meant to be condescending but to indicate we should act practically.
» Posted By chaturatma dasa On Feb 22, 2008 @ 2:05 am
What address can I email Nirguna prabhu at and have his caretakers read it to him?
» Posted By chaturatma dasa On Sep 22, 2007 @ 11:36 pm
«« Back To Stats Page
Can anyone give an update on Nirguna prabhus condition?
» Posted By chaturatma dasa On May 23, 2007 @ 3:28 pm
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Prasar BhartiContemplation and prayer remind...
- By Indian Media Nineteen ISKCON devotees were i...
- By Gaurangi Devi DasiThe Padayatra Ministry is ...
- By Vrndavana Vinodini Devi DasiHearing good new...
- By Ramlakshman Das 20 devotees registered for t...
- By Madhavananda Das Everyday, ISKCON devotees a...
- By Bhajahari das Due to Tribhuvanatha's prabh...
- By Arjuna Krsna das Both Rama Laksman prabhu, D...
- By Nanda Kishor dasISKCON’s Bhakti Yoga Society...
- By radhanathswami.com On the 8th of October, Ra...