Comments Posted By daivadas
Displaying 1 To 1 Of 1 Comments
«« Back To Stats Page
One thing I feel is more crucial than discussing future wars, is the importance of establishing daivi-varnasram for the masses, preaching by example, benefitting the world with Krsna consciousness. Whether and when WWIII comes and goes is not so important in a world that is by nature filled with conflict and danger, padam padam yad vipadam na tesam, but rather engaging the masses in simple living and high thinking is the real goal of Vedic farming. Preparing the masses for the opportunity to serve and develop love of God in nature’s setting is one of the best cultural preaching tools of this day, with all the hype about sustainability and global warming.
samasrita ye padapallava-plavam
mahat-padam punya-yaso murareh
bhavambudhir vatsa-padam param padam
padam padam yad vipadam na tesam
“For one who has accepted the boat of the lotus feet of the Lord, who is the shelter of the cosmic manifestation and is famous as Mukunda or the giver of mukti, the ocean of the material world is like the water contained in a calf’s hoofprint. Param padam, or the place where there are no material miseries, or Vaikuntha, is his goal, not the place where there is danger in every step of life.”
I am more interested in discussing with like-minded devotees simple practical farming techniques by establishing replicas of Vrindavan through advancement of cow protection, land based economics, etc. I am anxious to hear more from devotees like Anuttama dasi and anyone who has information about such techniques on self sufficient living, as Anuttama dasi describes:
” If anyone is interested, I have a Word document, “A Farm Overview” that outlines what we believe are appropriate preparations to a change in material circumstances. It includes encouraging devotees to learn one or more of the following: how to farm using traditional techniques, making fabric from locally grown fibres, practicing medicine using native plants, making paper, having and operating printing equipment that is not dependent on digital technology, blacksmithing etc.”
Please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
» Posted By daivadas On Apr 30, 2007 @ 4:21 pm
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon related news on DandavatsTV Channel
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Laxmimoni Devi Dasi If Srila Prabhupada visi...
- By Rasanand Das As conditioned souls within thi...
- By Deva Darshan Das Sharing wisdom and ideas on...
- By Arjuna Krishna dasa Both Rama Laksman prabhu...
- By Indresh DasBhaktimarga Swami was trying to k...
- By Sri Jagannath Mandir The event was even more...
- By Diksha Devi DasiDuring this particular month...
- By Ajit Krishna DasaResponse to the author of “...
- By Murari Gupta DasaI first heard about Bilvama...
- By Ravindra Svarupa dasaThe Sanskrit word bhoga...