Comments Posted By demian
Displaying 1 To 6 Of 6 Comments
In a lecture in Srirangam on the 29th of December, 2010, Sri Embar Jeeyar Swami of Sri Perumbudur openly glorified SrilaPrabhupada and declared that ISKCON devotees appeared to fulfill Nammalvar’s prediction in the song “Poliga”.
I uploaded the audio here:
Here are some pictures of the event:
He is one of the prominent leaders and scholars of the Sri Sampradaya, so it is evident that the real Sri Vaisnavas are not envious of Srila Prabhupada as those who came here to object using their name just to make a case.
‚ÄúAn empowered person who is actually engaged in the confidential service of the Lord should not be treated as an ordinary human being, for it is stated that unless one is empowered by Krsna, one cannot spread the Krsna consciousness movement all over the world.When one thus criticizes a pure devotee, he commits an offense (vaisnava-aparadha) that is very obstructive and dangerous for those who desire to advance in Krsna consciousness. A person cannot derive any spiritual benefit when he offends the lotus feet of a Vaisnava. Everyone should therefore be very careful not to be jealous of an empowered Vaisnava, or a suddha-vaisnava.‚ÄĚ
>>> Ref. VedaBase => NoI: verse 6
‚ÄúBecause of our envy of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, we have become envious of all other living entities. When we are no longer envious of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, there will be real peace, unity and fraternity in human society. ‚Äú
>>> Ref. VedaBase => SB 4.30.36
‚ÄúSo the Krsna consciousness movement is not for the persons who are envious. Envious. It is a movement to train people how to become not envious. ‚Äú
>>> Ref. VedaBase => Bhagavad-gita 1.1 — London, July 7, 1973
Comment Posted By demian On 15.08.2012 @ 12:13
As for Srila Prabhupada ‚Äúhimself not condoning such speculations‚ÄĚ, better to hear what he says instead of speculating and put words in his mouth:
Jayapataka: …you Srila Prabhupada. Only by your mercy you have brought us to this Krsna consciousness movement.
Prabhupada: Yes. I am simply messenger. Mercy is of Bhaktivinoda Thakura and Srila Prabhupada. Before your coming they predicted, that “Somebody will bring.” Maybe that somebody I am. (chuckles) Bhaktivinoda Thakura predicted. So anyway, Krsna has given us nice place.
Arrival Talk in Room — Mayapur, March 23, 1975
Prabhupada: …in 1896. Bhaktivinoda Thakura was the first origin of this movement. But he simply thought of it. And he was expecting some others that willing to take up the work. Well, somebody says that I am the same man. And I was born in 1896.
Room Conversation with Canadian Ambassador to Iran — March 13, 1975, Iran
Devotee (2): Prabhupada, they said that if Caitanya Mahaprabhu wanted Krsna consciousness in the Western countries, why didn’t He go there Himself? That’s what they told us.
Prabhupada: So He left the credit for me. (laughter)
Devotees: Jaya! Haribol!
Prabhupada: He loves His devotee more than Himself.
Morning Walk — January 4, 1976, Nellore
‚ÄúSripada Sridhara Maharaja also appreciated my service. He said that Caitanya Mahaprabhu’s prediction: prthivite ache yata nagaradi grama/ sarvatra pracara haibe mora nama, would remain a dream only, but he congratulated me that I have done it practically.‚ÄĚ
Letter to: Bon Maharaja: — Evanston, Illinois 7 July, 1975
Comment Posted By demian On 12.08.2012 @ 17:28
To settle the matter for good, I just met a devotee who attended a lecture in Srirangam in 2010 in which one of the eldest Sri Acharyas publicly declared that ‚ÄúPoliga‚ÄĚ unmistakingly speaks about Srila Prabhupada and his movement. If someone is educated and free from envy, this is the most natural conclusion after reading that song. As soon as I get the audio and the name of the sannyasi, I will post them.
Comment Posted By demian On 12.08.2012 @ 17:02
1. Nowhere above I even suggested that these verses can refer only to Srila Prabhupada. Rather I clearly mentioned that they can be understood differently according to time, place and circumstance.
2. I have no objection if the Sri Vaisnavas interpret ‚ÄúPoliga‚ÄĚ as referring to Ramanujacarya. Yet I would like to know when and how he made Vaisnavas all over the world, unless they mean that the world starts in Kerala and ends up in the Himalayas.
3. To the present day, no Prabhupada disciple has made more than 10,000 disciples and opened more than 100 centers as he did.
4. The quoted verses are not copyrighted. Anyone is free to use them to glorify whomever he finds suitable.
The problem here is that it is obviously unbearable for you to hear Srila Prabhupada being glorified.
Comment Posted By demian On 10.08.2012 @ 13:14
Funny that in spite of the fact that this is an ISKCON based website and that we are just on the eve of Srila Prabhupada‚Äôs appearance day people come here to object to his glorification, as if we had to stop praising him because others may become angry. It is of no use to point the moon to a blind fellow. The speculation that needs to be proved is the denial that theses verses are correctly applied to Srila Prabhupada. Let anyone who is sufficiently educated explain to us why not, otherwise shut up.
Comment Posted By demian On 09.08.2012 @ 16:36
With due respect to Sri Ramanujacarya:
1. No name is mentioned in Nammalvar‚Äôs ‚ÄúPoliga‚ÄĚ. He is just speaking about a world full of Vaisnavas.
2. Sri Ramanuja never went outside India.
3. Even to the present day, crossing the ocean is taboo among Sri Vaisnava preachers. There is no taboo for being called ‚Äújagad-guru‚ÄĚ at home, though.
4. Some Sri Vaisnava scholars take the song ‚ÄúPoliga‚ÄĚ as predicting not only Ramanuja, but also Vedanta Desika and other eminent preachers.
5. Srila Prabhupada‚Äôs preaching accomplishment far surpassed that of any previous acarya, even Caitanya Mahaprabhu, the Supreme Lord Himself. Only enviousness can prevent one from admitting this.
Comment Posted By demian On 08.08.2012 @ 19:08