Comments Posted By govinda das
Displaying 1 To 3 Of 3 Comments
Dear Shyamasundara Prabhu,
I’d like to clarify my point, I don’t wish to disturb anyone. The varnasrama system is Krsna Consciousness mixed with sex desire. The ksatriya desire to control, the vaisya desire to make money the sudra desire to enjoy the senses, and the desire for women to dress nicely are all examples of subtle sex desire. The grhastha asrama is another example of Krsna Consciousness mixed with sex desire. My point was that dressing well, putting on make-up and dancing in a way that is not overtly sexual is acceptable within varnasrama. Presenting varnasrama is not to diluting the process.
Let me raise this question: given that most of planet earth are nowhere close to the standard of pure devotional service, and don’t relate to the pure presentation of Krsna Consciousness, what would you suggest we do to attract them?
» Posted By govinda das On Dec 13, 2007 @ 3:18 pm
The majority of the population are not brahminical by nature. They are not interested in pure brahmanas. If we only present Krsna Consciousness in a pure form then persons of lower nature will ignore us. Prabhupada wanted us to establish varnasrama. So we need to attract and engage persons of ksatriya, vaisya and sudra natures, not just brahmanas. Our preaching should reflect the diversity of human nature. The truth is, if we are to become a large movement then we need to present a way of life that allows for the mix of subtle sex and Krsna consciousness. Within this broader society the pure brahmanas will have their respected niche. If we fail to attract persons of nature lower than brahmana then we are failing in our mission. Respectable, attractively dressed women have a place in varnasrama, and they present a positive alternative to overtly sexual women.
» Posted By govinda das On Dec 12, 2007 @ 9:31 pm
«« Back To Stats Page
This is the most important article I’ve ever read on dandavats.com. A few months ago I considered sending in an article about the neglect of the yuga-dharma within Iskcon and how we are becoming invisible to the general public. Janananda Gosvami has said exactly what I was thinking. It’s the truth, and we need to wake up! Let’s get our priorities right!
» Posted By govinda das On Jun 23, 2007 @ 4:31 pm
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon related news on DandavatsTV Channel
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Laxmimoni Devi Dasi If Srila Prabhupada visi...
- By Rasanand Das As conditioned souls within thi...
- By Deva Darshan Das Sharing wisdom and ideas on...
- By Arjuna Krishna dasa Both Rama Laksman prabhu...
- By Indresh DasBhaktimarga Swami was trying to k...
- By Sri Jagannath Mandir The event was even more...
- By Diksha Devi DasiDuring this particular month...
- By Ajit Krishna DasaResponse to the author of “...
- By Murari Gupta DasaI first heard about Bilvama...
- By Ravindra Svarupa dasaThe Sanskrit word bhoga...