Comments Posted By gurukrsna
Displaying 1 To 1 Of 1 Comments
«« Back To Stats Page
Two years ago the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency, JAXA, sent a space vehicle in orbit around the moon with a number of scientific missions on it’s agenda. One of which was to make a topographic map of the moon using special cameras.
What they were able to do with those cameras was make a 3-d image of the moon’s surface for the first time. One of the side effects of that achievement was that it proved the Apollo missions were not faked. How? By proving that the pictures taken of the moon’s surface by Apollo astronauts were in fact exactly what they should look like if they were actually taken on the moon.
There was no way for that to be faked, the technology for 3-d mapping of the moon didn’t exist back than, there was no way to fake what the moon’s landscape actually looked like from the moon’s surface, or even to know what it looked like.
In the following video you can see a picture taken by an Apollo astronaut on the moon showing a specific lunar landscape with a mountain and hill in the background, you will also see the same exact location rendered in 3-d by the Japaneses SELENE moon orbiter vehicle taken recently. You will see that they look exactly the same. The picture taken by an Apollo astronaut of the moon’s surface is exactly what that place on the moon actually looks like, the only way for that picture to have been faked is to have the technology and capability to create a 3-d map of the moon, which did not exist at that time. Here is the video:
You can see pictures of that at
In 2009 NASA sent a craft to the moon and for the first time was able to take pictures of what was left by the manned Apollo missions from decades ago. Previously that had never been done because the most powerful telescopes on Earth couldn’t resolve objects as small as what was left on the moon by the Apollo missions. The recent NASA vehicle took a powerful telescopic camera and orbited the moon, it was able to take the following photo, at:
» Posted By gurukrsna On Oct 18, 2009 @ 9:27 pm
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Tulsi GabbardDiwali Message from Tulsi Gabba...
- By Yudhistir Govinda DasThe international commi...
- By Srila Prabhupada(Letter from Srila Prabhupad...
- By Giriraja Swami The day after Diwali is calle...
- By Cardinal Jean-Louis Tauran (Vatican) As Hind...
- By Prasar BhartiContemplation and prayer remind...
- By Indian Media Nineteen ISKCON devotees were i...
- By Gaurangi Devi DasiThe Padayatra Ministry is ...
- By Vrndavana Vinodini Devi DasiHearing good new...
- By Ramlakshman Das 20 devotees registered for t...