Comments Posted By keyur
Displaying 1 To 1 Of 1 Comments
«« Back To Stats Page
Hare Krsna Maharaja,
After reading your article and other comments on your article, i would like to make a small point, yes its true that Chaitanya mahaprabhu instructed us to chant Hare Krsna mantra and that is what the yuga dharma is, however in murari gupta’s dairy we also find a nice prayer that was composed by Mahaprabhu in glorification of Shiva, its known as Shiva Astakam. I do understand that we should not worship Shiva as the Supreme personality of god head,, however there might or should not be any harm if a devotee seeks help from Shiva so as to strengthen his own spiritual life, isnt is similar to praying to the six goswami’s or other acharaya’s for help. Shiva is a the greatest of devotees and how can we minimize his glories by just quoting or miss quoting verses from SB, coz some of these verses depend of what situation where they spoken on..
Here is a small story how the famous Bankandi Mahadeva appeared in Vrindavana…
When Sri Sanatana Gosvami became old, Sankara told him, “Now you are old. You should not come daily to see me, because you are coming from so very far away. Sanatana Gosvami replied, “I should come. I cannot change this habit.” Then Gopisvara Mahadeva said, “Then I’m going to come very near to you – as Bankandi Mahadeva.” He thus became Bankandi Mahadeva and resided very near the Madana Mohana Temple. Srila Sanatana Gosvami is also the very dear friend of Cakralesvara Mahadeva in Govardhana. He also used to be with Sankara in Kamyavan, where he is known as Kamesvara. He cannot be without Sankara.
These are just my thoughts on your article…
» Posted By keyur On Jun 16, 2008 @ 5:34 pm
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Damodar Prasad dasThis meditation is conclud...
- By Gauravani dasa Of the late, mantra meditatio...
- By Indradyumna SwamiYesterday, upon my return t...
- By Vaishnava Dasa "Regarding the Christmas Day ...
- By Suvarna Radhika Devi DasiThe highest reason ...
- By Drutakarma Das Cremo states that the book ha...
- By Muralidhara-priya Das 2016 marks the Fiftiet...
- By Mukundamala Dasa One morning when going thro...
- By His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami P...
- By Len Cohen"Merciful music and Krishna’s trans...