Comments Posted By mathura
Displaying 1 To 1 Of 1 Comments
«« Back To Stats Page
Some valid points,BUT!
The Lord is the protector of cows and the brahminical culture. A society devoid of cow protection and brahminical culture is not under the direct protection of the Lord,
Ref. VedaBase => SB 1.14.34
All i can say is this is how we make our living now and for 8 years,from selling milk and veggies. I did work and save enough $ before we got animals to pay for them.Our land and house was paid for by my work outside of the farm as well as the farm.We sell our goat milk for 12$ and our cow milk for 8-10$ gal. and more for yogurt etc. We have a waiting list for people wanting our products. You say “one still needs a real job”.It can be done and is, come visit us and you can see what a real job is and how it works…Sorry But justifying it doesnt mean there isnt a better way.Srilla Prabhupada wanted it a different way.
Lord Krsna as Govinda is more inclined to the brähmanas and the cows, indicating thereby that human prosperity depends more on these two items, namely brahminical culture and cow protection. Lord Krsna is never satisfied where these are lacking. Ref. VedaBase SB 1.8.21
You do have a choice, rather than accepting milk from stores and paying the people to kill the cows, Try and get a cow or encourage others by paying the price it takes to protect cows and have milk that Krsna and Srila Prabhupada will be happy with.
Therefore I am asking so much here and..”Farm, farm, farm, farm…” That is not my program–Krsna’s program. Annad bhavanti bhutani. Produce greenness everywhere, everywhere. Vrndavana. It is not this motorcar civilization. If it has taken in his brain, then it is to be understood that he can do this plan. May, 27, 1977, Vrindavan India.
We should be satisfied locally by our food, by our cloth, by our milk. That’s all. Let the whole world go to hell.We don’t care. If you want to save yourself also, you do this. Here is an example. If you want artificial life, city life, and hellish life, you do.But we shall live like this. This is the ideal life.
[Srila Prabhupada Room Conversation, January 21, 1977, Bhubaneswar]
» Posted By mathura On Jun 16, 2010 @ 8:08 pm
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Madhava Smullen Prabhupada envisioned New Vr...
- By Ravindra Svarupa DasaIn the Philadelphia air...
- By Giriraj SwamiIn 1974, almost exactly forty y...
- By Lalitanatha dasa To this day, almost fort...
- By Gunacuda Dasi In his purport to Srimad Bhaga...
- By Jaganmohini Devi DasiOn Nov. 28th, 2014, dis...
- By Radha Jivan DasAn initiated devotee of ISKCO...
- By Tribhuvanatha DasaDuring the Ratha yatra fes...
- By Urmila Devi Dasi"No Krsna rituals," my cousi...
- By Vaishanvanghri Sevaka Das “In the above char...