Comments Posted By mgdasa
Displaying 1 To 1 Of 1 Comments
«« Back To Stats Page
Recently the outcry of what to do about child abusers and ISKCON leaders who were complicit in such behavior has reached a fever pitch. The time is ripe for a statement by the GBC as to how they are going to deal with these issues. How then do they come out with such a thin proposal merely saying that they will consider restrictions against ISKCON leaders? The CPO’s decision seven years ago was so much stronger. Now, in light of Ananda’s suicide and a chorus of disapproval, they’re toning that down?
As a reminder, here’s what the Official CPO decision said on this. The panel, “concurs with [the] perspective,” that “all of ISKCON leadership was responsible for the abuse and decadence of [the alumni’s] gurukula experience.” They went on to say that:
“In the course of reviewing the case file several allegations of child neglect and physical, emotional, and sexual child abuse against many persons other than Dhanurdhara Maharaja surfaced, as did accusations of cover-up and negligence in addressing reports of child abuse… ISKCON leaders responsible for setting priorities in Srila Prabhupada’s movement grossly neglected the proper care of ISKCON’s children. This neglect did much to bring about the sufferings reported in this case, and therefore all of ISKCON leadership must accept its share of the burden for what happened in the Vrndavana gurukula. Although Dhanurdhara Maharaja is responsible for his misbehavior, he was not singly responsible for the neglect and tyranny in the school. ISKCON leaders demonstrated appalling neglect of social concerns, and this was very apparent in the dearth of resources provided to the Vrndavana gurukula…ISKCON leadership was responsible for gross neglect in the failure to provide minimally acceptable resources for the children of Srila Prabhupada’s movement.”
They concluded that:
“The Child Protection Office will investigate and process all of these cases.”
I urge them to keep their word.
» Posted By mgdasa On Jul 8, 2006 @ 3:59 pm
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Vraja Vilasa dasa Maharaja explained to the ...
- By Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura Learned sages hav...
- By Janakinatha Dasa Every December, the book ma...
- By Nagaraja Dasa The maya of the material world...
- By Radhanath Swami“My heart aches for love,” sh...
- By Vikram PatilA devotee from a remote village ...
- By Bhakti-lata Dasi I had fallen away from chan...
- By Satyaraja DasaOur tale goes back to one of t...
- By Damodar Prasad dasThis meditation is conclud...
- By Gauravani dasa Of the late, mantra meditatio...