Comments Posted By paramatma
Displaying 1 To 1 Of 1 Comments
«« Back To Stats Page
Thank you for reminding us of a most important area in our devotional service. Actually bhoga offering begins from selecting the right items which are pure and wholesome. In cooking for Krsna, our devotion starts from selecting the best quality ingredients. Sadly, in modern times it is so difficult to find pure natural items. The modern method of producing food is contaminated in so many ways. Purchasing organic may be the best but this may not be easily available in some places.
I found that it is very easy for a devotee to grow his own little garden for Krsna. The devotion begins from this point—producing wonderful varieties of fruits and vegetables for His pleasure. This is easy especially if you live in the tropics and there is some land space in your yard. I have been practically doing this for the past ten years and ever since I have found no need of purchasing any fruits and vegetables from the market. I grow fruits like mangoes, sapodillas (chocos), coconuts, lemons bananas, jackfruit, cherries, breadfruits around my house, and below the fruit trees I use cut car tires and fill with soil to grow all my vegetables—cabbages, varieties of spinach, celery, ochro, eggplant, string beans, bitter melon, tomatoes, sweet and hot peppers, etc., as well as all herbs like ginger, mint, oregano, coriander, turmeric, lemon grass, etc. There is always extra that can be sent for the Temple Deities. I never spend more than two hours a day in the garden. In other words one can have his regular job or services in the temple, and still find time to plant something for Krsna. Apart from quality bhoga grown with devotion you save quite a bit on food bill. I even make some extra cash as several devotees have now been purchasing bhoga from me.
To reiterate—the finest foods to offer are the ones grown with love and devotion right in our own gardens. As Prabhupäda told devotees in France, “Anything grown in the garden is a hundred times more valuable than if it is purchased from the market.”
Paramatma das (Guyana)
» Posted By paramatma On Jun 8, 2012 @ 5:38 pm
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Vyasmuni DasToday on 25th October 2014 at 5:...
- By Vijaya dasa September proved to be a great m...
- By indiatimes.com LONDON: British Prime Ministe...
- By Hari Narayana Das (With 271 photos) Commemor...
- By Indradyumna SwamiToday, October 25, ISKCON d...
- By Bhaktisiddhanta Swami The meanings of Dipava...
- By Tribhuvavatha dasTumultuous preaching by Isk...
- By Lindy Laird Food for Life is one of four gro...
- By Aniruddha Das Yesterday we had the great ple...
- By Tulsi GabbardDiwali Message from Tulsi Gabba...