Comments Posted By patita pavana ramdas
Displaying 1 To 2 Of 2 Comments
In a society that is supposed to have the highest regard for the sense of hearing it is shocking how little regard we have for it. I have experienced on many occasions, even during mangal arati, supposedly a quiet and peaceful time of day, that out of so called enthusiasm there are more devotees with kartals and drums than without. My own hearing is dramatically worse now than it was when I joined ISKCON fifteen years ago, and I often find that kirtans are so loud and passionate that I cannot hear the devotee leadind as they are drowned out by the sound of the instruments. I have brought this up to temple auhorities on a number of occasions but it always gets brushed aside or I get told “well you should just wear earplugs then”. I now go to relatively few kirtans as there are no set standards. This depresses me as I joined the sankirtan movement and I cannot take part in kirtan.
» Posted By patita pavana ramdas On Apr 26, 2011 @ 5:58 am
«« Back To Stats Page
hare krishna akruranatha prabhu!Sorry we took so long to reply.Yes our worshipable deities sri sri khoda nitai – mayapur sasi are indeed the same gaura nitai who moved from san fransisco to give us their mercy in 1996.They were repainted by mother tara lakshi from hungary and look even more beautiful now.I’m not sure how to get pictures on the comments but we will be glad to post some here if someone tells us how!
We would be delighted to see you here sometime prabhu either to stay or visit.
» Posted By patita pavana ramdas On Nov 11, 2008 @ 12:55 pm
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Urmila Devi Dasi"No Krsna rituals," my cousi...
- By Vaishanvanghri Sevaka Das “In the above char...
- By Vijaya DasaWSN October 2014 - World Sankirta...
- By Bhajahari dasEarlier in the day there was a ...
- By Navasi DasiAs devotees, we talk a lot about ...
- By Krsangi Radhe dasi The exciting new features...
- By Vraja Vilasa dasa Maharaja explained to the ...
- By Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura Learned sages hav...
- By Janakinatha Dasa Every December, the book ma...
- By Nagaraja Dasa The maya of the material world...