Comments Posted By ram_das_wannabe
Displaying 1 To 2 Of 2 Comments
Hari bol – nice article.
Please correct me if I am wrong but I feel that this particular example should not be taken too literally in terms of the results of empowerment. I think its just a word of caution more than anything so that devotees don’t attribute what might seem as mini miracle with taking risks. My understanding is that I think Prabhupada always pushed his disciples to take risks but the key point was to ensure that they were calculated risks. This way we can keep ourselves conscious of Krsna in that the Sweet Lord will provide to the extent we serve and apply our intelligence for his cause. Someone please feel free to correct me as I am trying to learn too. :)
Your servant rj
» Posted By ram_das_wannabe On Mar 8, 2007 @ 4:40 pm
«« Back To Stats Page
I like this frame of thinking, especially the idea of questioning our own actions with relation to its impact on the enviroment. As a westener, it is so easy to leave fans/VDU’s switched on or leave lights on in rooms when they are not being used. This type of behaviour can probably act as a good guage as to whether we are taking Krishna’s material nature for granted. I think many of us have much spiritual benefit to gain by simply appreciating and respecting the environment the same way we take care of the temples. By moving away from plastics and caring for cows and land, I reckon we can do wonders for the purity of our consciousness. Hopefully this will also go someway in trying to please the great vaisnava acaryas by showing are commitment to implementing a worldly view of love and compassion for all creatures great and small regardless of caste, creed, colour or religion.
» Posted By ram_das_wannabe On Jan 15, 2007 @ 11:51 am
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By thehindu.comSinya Ejima, chief representativ...
- By Bernard Wilchusky"Chanting clears the mind; ...
- By Sukhada dasiOn August 23rd, 2014, when the t...
- By Dandadhrk Das We were twenty participants as...
- By Madhava DasShri Manoj Tiwari famous singer, ...
- By Radhanatha Swami Love is not to want peace b...
- By Niranjana Swami My name is Omvati Devi Dasi,...
- By Harideva Dasa “So at the time of death… Of c...
- By Iskcon NairobiThe University Program in Nair...
- By Vaishnavangri Sevaka Das "Oh! Fiftieth ISKCO...