Comments Posted By ramanreti dasa
Displaying 1 To 1 Of 1 Comments
«« Back To Stats Page
In this discussion, the famous image of the material body as a chariot has been mentionned. It is difficult for artists to describe this reality, wether in 2 or 3 dimensions. As a matter of fact, in most illustrations, there is one very important material element missing. That is Ahankara. Yet, acording to Lord Kapiladeva in the third Canto of SB, it is the first element to spring up from the Mahat-tattva. In his purport to verses 23-24 of chapter 26, Srila Prabhupada states:” In the beginning, from clear consciousness, or the pure state of Krishna Consciousness, the first contamination sprang up. This is called false ego, or identificationof the body as the self”. The passenger is the jiva, seated in a state of slumber, as portrayed on the illustrations, but somebody else has taken over. Ahankara is “leading” the journey. He knows were to go: to possess, enjoy and lord over the inferior energy.
From that perspective, the driver ( intelligence) is in the service of Ahankara, through the agency of the senses and the mind which collects all data received from them.
Generaly, the illustration we are familiar with depicts the horses ( senses) going wild and taking over from the driver ( and therefore the reins). But that is not always the case. There are many ahankaras who can manage quite well, for a good while at least, to achieve their desired result.
» Posted By ramanreti dasa On Jun 29, 2010 @ 4:52 pm
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Vyasmuni DasToday on 25th October 2014 at 5:...
- By Vijaya dasa September proved to be a great m...
- By indiatimes.com LONDON: British Prime Ministe...
- By Hari Narayana Das (With 271 photos) Commemor...
- By Indradyumna SwamiToday, October 25, ISKCON d...
- By Bhaktisiddhanta Swami The meanings of Dipava...
- By Tribhuvavatha dasTumultuous preaching by Isk...
- By Lindy Laird Food for Life is one of four gro...
- By Aniruddha Das Yesterday we had the great ple...
- By Tulsi GabbardDiwali Message from Tulsi Gabba...