Comments Posted By sakshigopaldas
Displaying 1 To 2 Of 2 Comments
vancha kalpatarubhyas ca
krpa sindhubhya eva ca
vaisnavebhyo namo namah
today is also the blessed disappearance day of Sri Madhvacarya and Sri Ramanujacarya…
i offer my humble obeisances again and again
servant of the servant of the servant,
» Posted By sakshigopaldas On Jan 25, 2010 @ 5:20 pm
«« Back To Stats Page
This is great news. Sri Gauranga Mahaprabhu sankirtana movement knows no boundaries.
It just brings to mind the struggle of one special vaishnava who had the foresight and single minded determination to sincerely spread Gauranga Mahaprabhu’s message despite the restrictions and opposition, and lack of support. Please allow me to narrate…
Around 1991 or 1992, His Grace Dina-anukampana das Brahmacari Prabhu had started this program outside the then ISKCON temple. He had established a good relationship with the trustees or managers of public Hindu temples and was given the go-ahead to start conducting programs.
He would lay out the mats, set up the book stand, set up the mike, the prasadam table and start singing kirtan, and then namaste narasimhaya, and then the prayer to the six gosvamis, read from Bhagavad-Gita As It Is and give a class, sing closing kirtan and then distribute books and prasadam to those in the public Hindu Temples. All this was done alone. Slowly, one by one, people were attracted to this sankirtan movement…and he managed to organize the first Gita Jayanti program in Singapore where everyone came together at the Srinivasa Perumal Temple to chant the whole Bhagavad-Gita and recite the translations of 18th chapter of Bhagavad-Gita As It Is..and chant mahamantra..at that event was present Srila Sripada Bhaktisvarup Damodara Maharaj and Srila Maha Visnu Gosvami Maharaj, who addressed all present. Now, Gita Jayanti is an annual event celebrated in Singapore by the recitation of the whole of Bhagavad-Gita.
Let’s thus wholeheartedly encourage everyone to participate in this glorious movement in every village and district without discrimination, and without attachment to name, fame and position. As from the example of the efforts of HG Dina-anukampana das Prabhu, we can see how a sincere desire to spread Lord Caitanya’s movement has brought many to Krishna consciousness…
Your fallen servant,
» Posted By sakshigopaldas On Jun 14, 2007 @ 8:44 am
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon related news on DandavatsTV Channel
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Laxmimoni Devi Dasi If Srila Prabhupada visi...
- By Rasanand Das As conditioned souls within thi...
- By Deva Darshan Das Sharing wisdom and ideas on...
- By Arjuna Krishna dasa Both Rama Laksman prabhu...
- By Indresh DasBhaktimarga Swami was trying to k...
- By Sri Jagannath Mandir The event was even more...
- By Diksha Devi DasiDuring this particular month...
- By Ajit Krishna DasaResponse to the author of “...
- By Murari Gupta DasaI first heard about Bilvama...
- By Ravindra Svarupa dasaThe Sanskrit word bhoga...