Comments Posted By sita-pati das
Displaying 1 To 1 Of 1 Comments
«« Back To Stats Page
Hi, my name is Sita-pati das. I’m your cousin/brother/nephew from Down Under.
My humble obeisances to all the devotee readers of Dandavats.com, and shout outs to all my peeps back in NZ, and in Lima, Peru! :-)
The great thing about Krishna Consciousness is that it’s personal. It cuts through all the confusion and the misunderstandings that so easily arise from an impersonal approach and understanding. While we’re discussing hatha yoga and Krishna Consciousness I think we should keep it personal.
If you think that Atmananda das is driving an inappropriate transformation of ISKCON identity and mission with his program (http://www.yogamandir.com), then the best thing is to address him and speak to that. Atmananda prabhu is a disciple of His Holiness Bhakti Tirtha Swami and is a straight-up, sincere guy wanting to make a contribution. He’s open to receiving feedback and lifting his game by taking advantage of the wisdom of others. I know, because I spoke with him about this and he told me that personally.
If, on the other hand, your take is that “Hatha Yoga is always bad”, then to be coherent you really need to address the work of H.H. Devamrita Swami over the past 15 years. The best place to start is with this article:
and these centers:
bearing in mind that a significant number of the ISKCON personnel in Australia and New Zealand, and key players in other yatras (shout out to Sastra Krt! :-) ) have come from these centers over the past ten years.
Either way, we should be clear about what and who we are talking about, rather than allowing an impersonal approach to mix and obscure the issues. This is obviously a hot topic right now, and I think it’s important that we speak about it with clarity.
I’m happy to take part in a moderated discussion on Dandavats with any persons, such as H.H. Danavir Goswami, H.G. Krishna-kirti prabhu, and H.G. Atmananda prabhu, interested and involved in these issues. The need for innovation and the need to protect against deviation are both valid and necessary tendencies in a dynamic society. The way that the tension between these two is balanced is through dialog. We’re devotees. Let’s keep it personal.
your servant in Brisbane, Sita-pati das
» Posted By sita-pati das On Jun 9, 2007 @ 4:22 pm
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon related news on DandavatsTV Channel
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Kesava Krsna Dasa The contentious discussion...
- By Praghosa das Last October the GBC body spent...
- By Nagaraja DasaControlling one’s mind is the p...
- By Laxmimoni Devi Dasi If Srila Prabhupada visi...
- By Rasanand Das As conditioned souls within thi...
- By Deva Darshan Das Sharing wisdom and ideas on...
- By Arjuna Krishna dasa Both Rama Laksman prabhu...
- By Indresh DasBhaktimarga Swami was trying to k...
- By Sri Jagannath Mandir The event was even more...
- By Diksha Devi DasiDuring this particular month...