Comments Posted By sucih
Displaying 1 To 2 Of 2 Comments
Another 8 reasons to keep the Design
9) Never show an unfinished painting… give it a chance.
10) Srila Prabhupada, Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakur and Srila Bhaktivinode Thakur, all looked to the west, Why? Because they wanted to fulfill the desire of Lord Caitanya and the acaryas. The TVP as a representation of spirituality will never be considered neutral. If it is representing the alternative to cosmology and architecture, then it is symbolically Vedic as it is drawn exclusively on vaastu proportions.
11) If we want to get into the critical theory of what western imperialism really represents and what it represented way back when, then I think that the sponsors should do a extended search of all the available literature on the values and ideas that US has always represented. But it is problematic to suggest that ‘in view of the spiritual mission of Gaudiya Vaishnavism’ that it has ever chosen the aesthetisization of its temples and design features as the prime reflection of its identity. It is also unappreciative of the enormous sacrifice that Srila Prabhupada’s American disciples contributed most prominently to spread Krsna Consciousness in its early years.
12. Are we so separatist that now that the GBC is presented as having neo-colonialist cliques prowling the subcontinent and forcing their occidental views on the Bengalis?
13. To suggest that Srila Prabhupada’s and Ambarisa Prabhu’s reputations are resting in the architectural demureness of the Indians is to undermine the basis of the Bhagavat dharma and the acaryas of modern era. If anything the Vedic tradition is a tradition of change and cultural adaptation, with its feet firmly in the pillars (sorry) of ancient spiritual codes.
14) If we are building the temple for the tastes of the Indian Tourists we would build a conglomeration of western pastiche and eastern kitsch, but I thought we have decided that we weren’t taken in by the masses or by the tourists but by the Vedic purity.
15) The video shows the area outside the temple is quite spacious. The future of the ISKCON and Mayapur as pilgrimage centre will have the same problems whatever design is chosen.Whatever temple is built, it will fulfill Lord Nityananda’s prophecy. The project worthy of Mayapur and Srila Prabhupada will be the one that gets built.
16.I would argue that you cannot know who does not speak and then argue what they would have chosen to say. If you are confused do nothing, its a vote!
» Posted By sucih On Aug 24, 2008 @ 10:46 am
«« Back To Stats Page
8 reasons to stay with the TVP Design.
1. What is the point of scaling down the old temple design? An architect makes a plan for a reason and the measurement can only be adapted to a point. It would be odd and disproportionate.
2. What is the point of two years of meetings, discussions, presentations and finally a vote of affirmation and then to discard all the time, money and planning.
3. How can a statement that ‘I have heard many devotees are not happy with the design’ have any context in the world of vaisnavas. Is it 10, 100, 1000, 5000, devotees? What is the audience that we are hinting at: Devotees with email, devotees with taste, devotees with money, western devotees, devotees who will vote on a petition, congregational members or guests? I have never met anyone here in Mayapur: devotees, residents and guests in Mayapur dham that doesn’t like it, even understanding that it is not finalized in specific palette or design features.
4 Why whip up this anti-sentiment for the Projects finished vision, when it is not even finalised. If we really, appreciate Ambarisa Prabhu and his team’s dedicated service, then this is not the way to do it.
To suggest that one of Ambarisa Prabhu’s main considerations is that it has to be constructed within his lifetime is misleading. After all he has backed all the previous plans.
5. For those who do not know what the contingencies are in regard to the planning, materials, backing and permissions needed for the project, a statement like. ‘it is not clear that changing the design would necessarily have to delay the TVP for very long.’ is a reckless statement.
6. When we say a first class Indian design, do we mean Vedic or Indian, because there is a big difference.
7. If it is unsure what the temple should be exactly like then given that a decision has been made, why change to an Indian design. Vaisnava temple designs, are more famous for their antiquity and conformity to the vaastu than their sheer elegance. Given that the most famous Indian landmark is the Taj Mahal, which the Iskcon ideologues are promoting as a converted Siva temple, then simplicity and domes are in.
8. The purpose is display the Vedic cosmology, and what better than a dome, Anyone who visits Sri Dham Mayapur will come to visit the largest single Vaisnava temple and religious structure in the World. If Srila Prabhupada liked the architecture represented by the U.S. Capitol then perhaps he wanted to subvert the Western scientific paradigm.
» Posted By sucih On Aug 24, 2008 @ 10:20 am
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Vraja Vilasa dasa Maharaja explained to the ...
- By Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura Learned sages hav...
- By Janakinatha Dasa Every December, the book ma...
- By Nagaraja Dasa The maya of the material world...
- By Radhanath Swami“My heart aches for love,” sh...
- By Vikram PatilA devotee from a remote village ...
- By Bhakti-lata Dasi I had fallen away from chan...
- By Satyaraja DasaOur tale goes back to one of t...
- By Damodar Prasad dasThis meditation is conclud...
- By Gauravani dasa Of the late, mantra meditatio...