Comments Posted By vamsi
Displaying 1 To 1 Of 1 Comments
«« Back To Stats Page
Dear Devotees, I was also surprised and saddened by the news of the departure of the Maha-Ratha book distributor, Sanjaya Prabhu. His name is legend in the sankirtan newsletters of the 1970’s. My memory of meeting him has never left me.
I was sitting in the Healthy, Wealthy & Wise, (the London Soho St restaurant, as it was called in those days) with the local big collectors and he came over and introduced himself. He told us he had just sold a number of big books on Oxford St. (This wasn’t the “collect money and give a book” method, this was straight book selling (as we termed it) sold on the merits of the devotee and the book.
I was astounded at meeting Sanjaya Prabhu, as I had followed his name in the sankirtan newletter, year in, year out, and knew he was amongst the best in the movement at convincing people to purchase a book of His Divine Grace.
I asked him “I didn’t know you were in England, when did you arrive”
“To-day” he laughed.
He had just got off the plane from America that very day and was already out on the street selling books.
Vamsi Vadana Das
» Posted By vamsi On Nov 22, 2007 @ 7:18 pm
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon related news on DandavatsTV Channel
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Laxmimoni Devi Dasi If Srila Prabhupada visi...
- By Rasanand Das As conditioned souls within thi...
- By Deva Darshan Das Sharing wisdom and ideas on...
- By Arjuna Krishna dasa Both Rama Laksman prabhu...
- By Indresh DasBhaktimarga Swami was trying to k...
- By Sri Jagannath Mandir The event was even more...
- By Diksha Devi DasiDuring this particular month...
- By Ajit Krishna DasaResponse to the author of “...
- By Murari Gupta DasaI first heard about Bilvama...
- By Ravindra Svarupa dasaThe Sanskrit word bhoga...