Comments Posted By vamsi
Displaying 1 To 1 Of 1 Comments
«« Back To Stats Page
Dear Devotees, I was also surprised and saddened by the news of the departure of the Maha-Ratha book distributor, Sanjaya Prabhu. His name is legend in the sankirtan newsletters of the 1970’s. My memory of meeting him has never left me.
I was sitting in the Healthy, Wealthy & Wise, (the London Soho St restaurant, as it was called in those days) with the local big collectors and he came over and introduced himself. He told us he had just sold a number of big books on Oxford St. (This wasn’t the “collect money and give a book” method, this was straight book selling (as we termed it) sold on the merits of the devotee and the book.
I was astounded at meeting Sanjaya Prabhu, as I had followed his name in the sankirtan newletter, year in, year out, and knew he was amongst the best in the movement at convincing people to purchase a book of His Divine Grace.
I asked him “I didn’t know you were in England, when did you arrive”
“To-day” he laughed.
He had just got off the plane from America that very day and was already out on the street selling books.
Vamsi Vadana Das
» Posted By vamsi On Nov 22, 2007 @ 7:18 pm
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Indradyumna SwamiToday, October 25, ISKCON d...
- By Bhaktisiddhanta Swami The meanings of Dipava...
- By Tribhuvavatha dasTumultuous preaching by Isk...
- By Lindy Laird Food for Life is one of four gro...
- By Aniruddha Das Yesterday we had the great ple...
- By Tulsi GabbardDiwali Message from Tulsi Gabba...
- By Yudhistir Govinda DasThe international commi...
- By Srila Prabhupada(Letter from Srila Prabhupad...
- By Giriraja Swami The day after Diwali is calle...
- By Cardinal Jean-Louis Tauran (Vatican) As Hind...