Comments Posted By vedic.hindu
Displaying 1 To 1 Of 1 Comments
«« Back To Stats Page
Dont we need Polygamy
Considering the fact that there is a dearth of qualified men in society today and also since all women bodies need to get married..shouldn’t polygamy be allowed.
After all SP said it was a good idea. Also our Vedic texts allow this. Shouldnt we campaign for it and get it legalised in India?
After all the goverment is allowing it for Muslims becoz it says so in the Quran…but it says so in the Vedic texts also…a man can marry more than one woman…
this will stop the problems due to divorce also a lot…
and give respectability to women…becoz many men still keep women as illegal wives…such women have no social standing ..nor legal status…and these women dont get respect or property etc…
the children also suffer…from lack of proper recognition.
This could reduce the problems of female infanticide and also reduce prostitution.
So legalising and socially accepting polygamy will solve all this.
Pls discuss this very important topic.
I hope this topic will if possible be given a separate thread and discussed indepth since SP did speak in favor of it, though at times there may have been conflicting views on it. There are many confusions regarding this concept today and it would be mercy if seniors could discuss this and educate others in this forum.
» Posted By vedic.hindu On Oct 12, 2006 @ 8:02 am
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Vyasmuni DasToday on 25th October 2014 at 5:...
- By Vijaya dasa September proved to be a great m...
- By indiatimes.com LONDON: British Prime Ministe...
- By Hari Narayana Das (With 271 photos) Commemor...
- By Indradyumna SwamiToday, October 25, ISKCON d...
- By Bhaktisiddhanta Swami The meanings of Dipava...
- By Tribhuvavatha dasTumultuous preaching by Isk...
- By Lindy Laird Food for Life is one of four gro...
- By Aniruddha Das Yesterday we had the great ple...
- By Tulsi GabbardDiwali Message from Tulsi Gabba...