Comments Posted By vira krsna das
Displaying 1 To 1 Of 1 Comments
«« Back To Stats Page
Dear devotees! Please accept my humble obeisances!
There is one interesting story present on the book Prabhupada Nectar by Satsvarupa das Gosvami (pp. 269 – 270) in which Prabhupada says : ” I am just trying to explain that the purpose of a book must be known to the author, and he knows it better than others”. Srila Prabhupada then tells a story about a book called Shah Janah written by Mr. Rath and how friends of the author of such book were not able to discover why he had given this book such a name if the main character was Aurangzeb, one of the five sons of Shah Janah who had killed all his brothers and arrested his father so that he could become the king . Mr Rath answered that while Aurangzeb was usurping his empire and killing his other sons Shah Janah was intensely suffering for all this things in prison therefore he was the genuine hero of the book. Again in the end Srila Prabhupada says that “the author of a book knows very well what is the purpose of that book” and then he mentions how rascals try to understand the Vedanta Sutra without taking into consideration what the author Srila Vyasadeva said, that the key to understand Vedanta Sutra was Srimad Bhagavatam
Therefore, as mentioned in Padmanabha Prabhu’s comment, Hridayananda das Gosvami has explicitly mentioned that he is against gay marriages and yet he is in favor of tolerance within ISKCON of all kinds of people who are seriously looking for spiritual knowledge, no matter what they are so that every one may receive the mercy of Srila Prabhupada and become purified from all sinful activities.
» Posted By vira krsna das On Feb 2, 2007 @ 10:02 pm
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Lindy Laird Food for Life is one of four gro...
- By Aniruddha Das Yesterday we had the great ple...
- By Tulsi GabbardDiwali Message from Tulsi Gabba...
- By Yudhistir Govinda DasThe international commi...
- By Srila Prabhupada(Letter from Srila Prabhupad...
- By Giriraja Swami The day after Diwali is calle...
- By Cardinal Jean-Louis Tauran (Vatican) As Hind...
- By Prasar BhartiContemplation and prayer remind...
- By Indian Media Nineteen ISKCON devotees were i...
- By Gaurangi Devi DasiThe Padayatra Ministry is ...