Comments Posted By vyekkirala
Displaying 1 To 1 Of 1 Comments
«« Back To Stats Page
This is indeed a great way to preach. A couple of suggestions:
1. Suggest to Motel owners that fear a christian backlash that perhaps they can place a bible along with the Gita. May be also link them up with a bible distributor to get the free bibles.
2. Instead of or in addition to the “Please take this book with you if you are interested in the subject matter”, I would place a very conspicuous stamp on the first page of the book pointing to http://www.vedabase.net/bg where they can view it online. These days most people are online, they could also look at the other books at vedabase and it doesn’t cost the project. Also, if they are taking the book with them, may be the message can ask them to donate the book to the library if they do not want to keep it. Or ask them to leave a nominal $5 donation in place of the Gita. Otherwise I am afraid conservative christians could simply carry them out of the motel to trash them.
3. As for motel owners making a donation, I would still mention to them, AFTER the Gita is in the rooms of course, that they have the option of donating the whole or a portion or none of the cost. Basically addressing the cost issue with them after the fact.
» Posted By vyekkirala On Apr 11, 2009 @ 4:44 pm
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Vyasmuni DasToday on 25th October 2014 at 5:...
- By Vijaya dasa September proved to be a great m...
- By indiatimes.com LONDON: British Prime Ministe...
- By Hari Narayana Das (With 271 photos) Commemor...
- By Indradyumna SwamiToday, October 25, ISKCON d...
- By Bhaktisiddhanta Swami The meanings of Dipava...
- By Tribhuvavatha dasTumultuous preaching by Isk...
- By Lindy Laird Food for Life is one of four gro...
- By Aniruddha Das Yesterday we had the great ple...
- By Tulsi GabbardDiwali Message from Tulsi Gabba...