Comments Posted By yuga_avatar_das
Displaying 1 To 2 Of 2 Comments
So yes there was female gurus in one of our” feeder ” caste brahmana lines,however in reality Saraswati Takura maharaja do not include them in our siksa bhagavata parampara.So yes amongst the hundreds of diksa gurus there were a few females whom carried the mantra,but were unimportant.Since I found this rather technical information within our Sri Chaitanya Saraswati Matha ,His divine grace Srila Sridhar maharaja also comments that they were unimportant,because they did not add to our siksa bhagavata line.
However my concern is not that wether they should be guru or not,but that when they become gurus ,we allow keeping stri dharma …in the forefront for women.
VEDIC CULTURE means women are never given independence….So female gurus need to serve through a male,husband,oldest son,or temple president,never independent,if iskcon offers or allows independent mendicant widows to parade around the world ,a sad facsimilie of sanyasini in essence ,well we enter the sahajiya /imitationist spectre,a fatal deviation in my humble opinion.
» Posted By yuga_avatar_das On Dec 6, 2012 @ 6:49 am
«« Back To Stats Page
Dear garuda das jr ,we were faced with a similar situation recently.We went with establishing 6.pm prasadam class.They easily accepted 10.00 for dinner,salad,pakora cauli,chips and one curry with puri’s….We regularly have thirty each meal time prasadam.Infact our prasadam- yoga classes would grow further but lack of qualified devotee cooks at present …..Hence we receive 6 day yoga-prasadam…30 persons equals 300.00 dollars per classtimes 6 =1800.00 dollars ….per week.Continue free classes outside these times if you like.The power of prasadam is sublime…..all glories to srila prabhupada.
» Posted By yuga_avatar_das On Mar 17, 2009 @ 11:40 pm
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Bhaktisiddhanta Swami The meanings of Dipava...
- By Tribhuvavatha dasTumultuous preaching by Isk...
- By Lindy Laird Food for Life is one of four gro...
- By Aniruddha Das Yesterday we had the great ple...
- By Tulsi GabbardDiwali Message from Tulsi Gabba...
- By Yudhistir Govinda DasThe international commi...
- By Srila Prabhupada(Letter from Srila Prabhupad...
- By Giriraja Swami The day after Diwali is calle...
- By Cardinal Jean-Louis Tauran (Vatican) As Hind...
- By Prasar BhartiContemplation and prayer remind...