Lord Ramacandra’s Nrisimha-Panchamrita
Submitted by Payonidhi dasa
(These prayers are from the 47th chapter of the Harivamsa Purana which narrates the story of Lord Ramacandra’s visit to the holy place of Ahobalam to see the Deity of Nrisimha, where Lord Nrisimha appeared and saved His devotee Prahlada.)
ahobalam narasimham gatva ramah pratapavan
namaskutya sri nrisimham astaushit kamala patim
The glorious Rama once visited Ahobala where He saw the Deity of Lord Nrisimha. He
offered His obeisances to Lord Kamalapati (husband of the Goddess of Fortune) and
prayed as follows.
1. Govinda keshava janardana vasudeva
vishvesha-vishva madhusudana vishvarupa
shri padmanabha purushottama pushkaraksha
narayanachyuta nrisimho namo namaste
O Govinda, Keshava, Janardana, Vasudeva, Vishvesha (the controller of the universe),
Vishva, Madhusudana, Vishvarupa, Sri Padmanabha, Purushottama, Pushkaraksha,
Narayana, Achyuta. O Lord Narasimha I offer my respectful obeisances unto You again
2. Devah samastah khalu gopi mukhyaha
gandharva vidyadhara kinnarash cha
yat pada-mulam satatam namanti
tam narasimham sharanam gato shmi
I have taken shelter of Lord Nrisimha unto whose lotus feet demigods, prominent
yogis, gandharvas, vidyadharas and kinnaras are constantly offering their
3. Vedan samastan khalu shastragarbhan
vidyam balam kirtimatim cha lakshmim
yasya prasadat purusha labhante
tam narasimham sharanam gato shmi
I have taken shelter of Lord Nrisimha by whose mercy people receive all the Vedas,
the essence of all scriptures, knowledge, strength, reputation and wealth.
4. Brahma shivas tvam purushottamash cha
narayano ?€?shau marutam patish cha
chandrarka vayvagni marud-ganash cha
tvam eva tam tvam shatatam nato?€?shmi
You are Lord Brahma, Lord Shiva and the best person Lord Narayana. You are the
master of the Marutas and You are the sun, the moon, air and the fire as well as the
Marut-ganas. I offer my obeisances unto You.
5. Snapne?€?pi nitya jagatam ashesam
srashta cha hanta vibhura prabheyaha
trata tvam eka strividho vibinnaha
tam tvam nrisimham satatam nato?€?smi
I offer my obeisances unto Lord Nrisimha who is the creator, the maintainer and the
destroyer of the entire universe. Although You perform all of these three acts
simultaneously, You are completely beyond these activities. You are the
all-pervading, unlimited supreme spirit.
Iti stutva raghushreshthaha
pujayamasa tam harim
pushpa vrishtih papatashu
tasya devasya murdhani
Praying this way, the best of the Raghus, Lord Ramacandra worshipped Lord Hari. At
that time the demigods showered a rain of flowers on the head of Lord Nrisimhadeva.
Raghavena kutam stotram
pathanti ye dvijavaraha
tesham svargastu shashvataha
This is the best of prayers, called pancamrita or five nectars compiled by Lord Rama
Himself. One who reads this will be liberated eternally.
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Lalitanatha dasa To this day, almost fort...
- By Gunacuda Dasi In his purport to Srimad Bhaga...
- By Jaganmohini Devi DasiOn Nov. 28th, 2014, dis...
- By Radha Jivan DasAn initiated devotee of ISKCO...
- By Tribhuvanatha DasaDuring the Ratha yatra fes...
- By Urmila Devi Dasi"No Krsna rituals," my cousi...
- By Vaishanvanghri Sevaka Das “In the above char...
- By Vijaya DasaWSN October 2014 - World Sankirta...
- By Bhajahari dasEarlier in the day there was a ...
- By Navasi DasiAs devotees, we talk a lot about ...