Treating Vaisnavas with Care–in Appreciation of Satyaraja Prabhu’s Points
My dear Satyaraja Prabhu,
Your letters were well-considered and well-articulated, and I much appreciated them. Certainly, we must seriously consider the words of sadhu, sastra, and guru in all our deliberations. We are meant to represent Srila Prabhupada, who himself represented his guru-parampara, our disciplic line from Srila Rupa Gosvami. Especially when we deal with Vaisnavas—and as you have noted, there are Vaisnavas on all sides—we must be very careful. There are scriptural injunctions that govern the behavior of Vaisnavas in relation to each other, and we must follow them; otherwise, we risk further deterioration in the spiritual atmosphere of ISKCON and the spiritual lives of the devotees.
What we do today will be judged tomorrow, seen in the light of the principles and precedents of the previous acaryas, not only by devotees inside and outside of ISKCON, but by our parampara, by Srila Prabhupada himself. One of his last instructions to us was “Do not fight among yourselves. I have given direction in my books.” I am sure that if we sincerely pray to Srila Prabhupada for guidance, with hearts and minds open to his divine will, free from preconceived conclusions, he will help us.
Your eternal servant,
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Nagaraja Dasa The maya of the material world...
- By Radhanath Swami“My heart aches for love,” sh...
- By Vikram PatilA devotee from a remote village ...
- By Bhakti-lata Dasi I had fallen away from chan...
- By Satyaraja DasaOur tale goes back to one of t...
- By Damodar Prasad dasThis meditation is conclud...
- By Gauravani dasa Of the late, mantra meditatio...
- By Indradyumna SwamiYesterday, upon my return t...
- By Vaishnava Dasa "Regarding the Christmas Day ...
- By Suvarna Radhika Devi DasiThe highest reason ...