Message from ISKCON Minister for Health and Welfare
By Prahladananda Swami
In 1967, Srila Prabhupada wrote to a disciple: “Be careful about your health frst. This information is not only for you but all my noble sons. I am an old man. I may live or die it does not matter. But you must live for long time to push on this Krishna Consciousness movement.” In modern society, being healthy is uncommon, and the means of keeping or regaining health is often expensive and expressed in complicated ways. Srila Prabhupada, however, recommended cleanliness, regulation, and a pure consciousness. With its four regulative principles prohibiting flesh eating, intoxication, illicit sexual connections, and gambling, a Krishna consciousness lifestyle is quite conducive to staying fit. Additionally, eating food ofered to Lord Krishna, or God, and chanting His holy names with love and attention will further prevent all kinds of unwanted deficiencies.
ISKCON Minister for
Health and Welfare
Below please find embeded “Hope This Meets You in Good Health – The Newsletter of the ISKCON Health and Welfare Ministry
Issue No. 16 / 2010″
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Bhaktisiddhanta Swami The meanings of Dipava...
- By Tribhuvavatha dasTumultuous preaching by Isk...
- By Lindy Laird Food for Life is one of four gro...
- By Aniruddha Das Yesterday we had the great ple...
- By Tulsi GabbardDiwali Message from Tulsi Gabba...
- By Yudhistir Govinda DasThe international commi...
- By Srila Prabhupada(Letter from Srila Prabhupad...
- By Giriraja Swami The day after Diwali is calle...
- By Cardinal Jean-Louis Tauran (Vatican) As Hind...
- By Prasar BhartiContemplation and prayer remind...