Gov. Patrick in Boston celebrates Diwali and receives a copy of BG As It Is
By Rohini Nandan Das
Massachusetts’ Gov. Deval Patrick celebrated Diwali in the State House on Tuesday, November 13, 2012, becoming the first sitting governor to light the Diwali Diya.
Gov. Patrick joined the South Asian Arts Council at the official lighting of the Diwali Diya to mark the festival. Gov. Patrick also said he was proud to celebrate Diwali with the community.
“We honor the contributions that the South Asian community has made to our community. Your community is our community and ours is yours,” Patrick told the crowd at the ceremony.
Thereafter, Gov. Patrick very graciously accepted a copy of the Bhagavad Gita As It Is and interacted with the guests assembled to celebrate the landmark event.
Rohini Nandan Das
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Madhava Smullen Prabhupada envisioned New Vr...
- By Ravindra Svarupa DasaIn the Philadelphia air...
- By Giriraj SwamiIn 1974, almost exactly forty y...
- By Lalitanatha dasa To this day, almost fort...
- By Gunacuda Dasi In his purport to Srimad Bhaga...
- By Jaganmohini Devi DasiOn Nov. 28th, 2014, dis...
- By Radha Jivan DasAn initiated devotee of ISKCO...
- By Tribhuvanatha DasaDuring the Ratha yatra fes...
- By Urmila Devi Dasi"No Krsna rituals," my cousi...
- By Vaishanvanghri Sevaka Das “In the above char...