VISHNU at the Thailand Airport
By Akruranatha das
Yesterday I received an email from Anuttama Prabhu (not Rukmini’s husband the GBC, but the other D. C. Anuttama), with some photos of a huge display in an airport in Thailand of the devas and asuras churning the milk ocean, very beautifully done in Thai style.
I am forwarding the pictures to Dandavats editors so hopefully they can reproduce some of them here.
This kind of dazzling 3-D depictions of scenes from Srimad Bhagavatam would be very attractive to display in Mayapur at the TOVP. It is like the F. A. T. E. project on a grand scale, depicting parampara descriptions from Bhagavatam.
In my mind’s eye, the inside of the TOVP will be something like that. When you walk into the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History (or the NY one) you see all kinds of dioramas and stuffed animals (big wooly mammoth, giant blue whale, more or less fictitious depictions of scenes from daily cro-magnon and neanderthal life, hunting a sabre tooth tiger, etc.)
To have at least one big place in Mayapur where Srimad Bhagavatam is on display like that would really glorify Srimad Bhagavatam. It would be a great attraction for people from all over India and all over the world.
If there are magnificent displays inside, that will be a big draw, and will make huge propaganda for Krishna consciousness. People will want post cards of the different exhibits, which will become more famous than the Smithsonian’s mastadon or the Louvre’s “Mona Lisa.”
Compared to what is inside, the whole question of the design of the exterior building kind of pales. Why does it have to be built according to vastu rules? Did Prabhupada request that? (I do not pretend to know whether he did or didn’t, but if he didn’t, then aren’t we being like the disciple who brings milk when the guru requests water?)
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Jaganmohini Devi DasiOn Nov. 28th, 2014, dis...
- By Radha Jivan DasAn initiated devotee of ISKCO...
- By Tribhuvanatha DasaDuring the Ratha yatra fes...
- By Urmila Devi Dasi"No Krsna rituals," my cousi...
- By Vaishanvanghri Sevaka Das “In the above char...
- By Vijaya DasaWSN October 2014 - World Sankirta...
- By Bhajahari dasEarlier in the day there was a ...
- By Navasi DasiAs devotees, we talk a lot about ...
- By Krsangi Radhe dasi The exciting new features...
- By Vraja Vilasa dasa Maharaja explained to the ...